/dist/images/branding/favicon

C100 Mark II and MōVI M10

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by B Brennan, Jul 2, 2017.

1. B Brennan

B Brennan New Member

hey guys,

I've had the M10 for awhile now and modded it to basically look like the movi pro. I have the m10 on the movi ring and used the handles as feet as well as added the top handle. I had it balanced with a C100 and 16-35mm III and it worked great for the most part. All in all I loved it! I have since upgraded to the C100 Mark II and the EVF has been driving me crazy while balancing...

The problem I'm having is trying to balance a C100 Mark II w/ a 16-35mm III. The lens is somewhat heavier than the 16-35mm II and it dips forward. I finally got in the cinemilled MōVI adapter with some counter weights but it's not helping either. Has anyone properly balanced this setup before? I was told the M10 would fit the Mark II (I upgraded from the m5) but I'm having the same issues with the EVF. I thought about breaking it off but then I'm really at a loss with the camera. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi revelfilm, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Brian Brennan

Brian Brennan New Member

Hey guys, just an update, I finally decided after countless options to just remove the eyepiece. I have two C100 Mark II bodies so I'm going to have one just live on the Movi M10. It's solely the eye piece that's the issue once I removed that, the camera balanced perfectly and I was even able to get the top of the cage on. I'm thinking of just using gaffer tape to "weather-proof" the hole for now but I am happy to have a Mark II with the option of 60FPS on a Movi. It's stealer!

4. Brian Brennan

Brian Brennan New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#4 Brian Brennan, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  5. randyclark

randyclark New Member