/dist/images/branding/favicon

Business opportunities?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Resumes' started by Dan Walker, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

So I don't know if this is the correct forum or not. And I am certainly not interested in "getting anyone in trouble". But eventually the FAA is going to integrate us (sUAS) into the NAS in some manner. In anticipation of that, I would be interested in what markets you guys see as having the most use of our services? What kinds of markets do you fly for now?

What kind of rates do would you charge for your services?

I am anticipating entering this market after the FAA makes its final ruling, using this "in the mean time" time to hone my flying skills, technical knowledge, and build business relationships. Just looking for advice on where I should concentrate my efforts.

Thanks!

2. James Adkins

James Adkins Member

Why stop there?

Ask for someone to send you all the contact info for their best clients?

On second thought no. You would have to go through all the effort and bother of contacting them. Just cut to the chase and have them send you their bank account number and password instead? Far less legwork!

I'm just kidding (or am I)?

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Dan sending you an invite to one of the offline conversations. That may answer some of your questions. And while the forums share a lot of information it is more about the hardware and operating side. As mentioned when you get into what kinds of customers, what do you charge you get into a area that most would consider to be proprietary.

4. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

@Gary: Thank you very much for the invite.

@Everyone: I apologize if I've somehow stepped on toes. I'm unsure how rates or markets are proprietary. Rates should be public - after all, you need to let your clients know how much you charge, and many of them don't consider what they pay for services to be confidential. I'm more of the opinion that helping people makes for a better environment, both personally and professionally. Anyhow, just my two cents.

Again, thank you Gary.