/dist/images/branding/favicon

Bootloader, no response ! Help

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Jeremie VEDEL, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

hello, I have a problem on the 1.01 bootloader. it is impossible for me to connect. when I click on "connect to target," I have a message "no response". I have verified the polarities, the cabling, everything is good. More, on the software, I get connected to read or write. Could someone help me? thank you in advance.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Blinde welcome to the forums. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

Can you please post screenshots of the error messages? That will help diagnose the issue.

3. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

hi gary, sorry for the username. I just signed up. I've changed it and writting my first name and last name as requested. Here are screen shots of my problem:

my pan radian module show Green slow blinking when i power up!
    What do you think of that?

(Sorry for my bad english !)

Attached Files:

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Jeremie what happens when you click on the Connect to Target button? Have you looked in Device Manager to make sure that the computer is seeing the programming dongle and verifying the COM port that is assigned. That COM port needs to be entered in the Bootloader so that everything communicates.

5. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

When i click on the connect to target Button, 2seconds after, it appears no response. The driver of ft232r is installed, the COM port 10 is assigned in sévices manager of windows and in bootload the COM port is also on 10. I think there is no communication with radian module.

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Might be a bad Radian module. Check with your dealer on getting a replacement. Sounds like you have done the correct steps.

7. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

Do you think it's a material problem because when i Check all module on the bootloader, it´s' the same message "no response" .
    Ok ! Thank you for your help! I'm gonna Check with my dealer.

8. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

hi! i've found the problem ! i missed firmware update step but now when i click on " connect to target" button, here is the error:
    serialno mismatch
    Wath does it mean?

Attached Files:

9. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Looks normal, that is an old message. Looks like it connected fine since the data is in the window. You should be able to update the Radian firmware.

10. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

I think I've missed steps no? I succeeded to update to the 1.03 version but now when i try to connect to the target ! I.m reading serial no mismatch and when i try to connect on the software it doesn ´t work!

I.m very Sorry to annoy you Gary but it makes me nervous i doń´t under stand!

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jeremie:
    Firstly, knowing Gary as I do, he's not at all annoyed -- and you are not being a nuisance.

For your version of Windows, do you have it set to use English in the localization, please? It's worth temporarily changing it to English and trying again. I know this sounds silly, but there are some bugs in Windows relating to file handing for non-English settings.

Can you also confirm one other thing: Given that you have successfully upgraded to version 1.03, what software is giving you the serial number mismatch? The Bootloader?

Andy

12. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

What me bothered? Jeremie I asked Andy to jump in. It's been awhile since I used the Radian's and actually don't think I have anything that I can hook up. Andy however collects computers and such going back to the Braniac K-30. I think he has that someplace in the basement.

13. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

Hi! Gary ! I maybe misspoked ! I would say i hope no annoying you because i'm writting à lot on the forum. It wasn t négative.
    Anyway thank you to the forum team.
    I've tried to change the localization windows parameters to the united states but no change. I'll try to find solution to this side because i'm french and i'm using french windows parameters.

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Salut Jeremie:
    Pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît me dire quel logiciel est de vous donner le nombre discordance série.

Si je vous comprends bien, vous avez déjà mis à jour le firmware 1.03 en utilisant le chargeur de démarrage. Est-ce vrai?
    Andy

---
    Could you please tell me which software is giving you the serial number mis-match.

If I understand you correctly, you have already upgraded the firmware using the boot-loader. Is this true?

15. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

it's the bootloader 1.1 which giving me serial number mis-match.
    Departing, i had upgraded all module one by one and the bootloader 1.1 showed me current version 1.03. For me, all was good but when i had linked again the bootloader 1.1 shows me current version 255:255 with a message program failed on status and serialno mismatch.

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Merci Jeremie:

Soyez assuré que vous n'êtes pas gênant soit Gary et moi. Ce forum est là pour vous aider à résoudre ce genre de problème.

Étant donné que vous avez mis à jour le firmware, pourquoi êtes-vous essayez d'utiliser le chargeur de démarrage de nouveau? Y at-il un autre problème?

Aussi pouvez-vous me dire le nom du fichier contenant le firmware que vous utilisez, s'il vous plaît?

Je soupçonne que le contenu du fichier peut-être endommagé et vous pourriez avoir besoin de contacter votre distributeur ou revendeur pour obtenir le Radian reprogrammé.

Si il est plus facile pour vous, s'il vous plaît répondre en français. Mon français est un peu rouillé de ne pas l'utiliser, mais avec Google translate nous pouvons réussir!

Andy.

---
    Rest assured that you are not annoying either Gary or me. This forum exists to help you solve this kind of problem.

Given that you have upgraded the firmware, why are you trying to use the boot loader again? Is there another problem?

Also can you tell me the name of the file containing the firmware that you are using, please?

I suspect that the contents of the file might be corrupted and you may need to contact your distributor or dealer to get the Radian reprogrammed.

If it is easier for you, please reply in French. My French is a little rusty from not using it, but with Google translate we can succeed!

17. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

Ok i m gonna reply in french. My english is so bad lol !
    J'ai mis à jour le firmware et j'ai voulu réutiliser le bootloader pour vérifier la version des modules radian. C'est à ce moment là que j'ai vu l'erreur.
    Le nom du firmware? Que voulez vous dire? Je l'ai téléchargé sur le site freefly !
    Pensez vous que mon revendeur peut me reprogrammer les modules?
    Actuellement, les LEDs de mes modules s'allument en continue vert et jaune quand je les allimentent.

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Compris. Je suis heureux de dire que je peux encore comprendre le français écrit.

Maintenant, je comprends ce qui s'est passé.

En ce qui concerne le fichier de firmware - merci pour les informations - certaines personnes ont obtenu le fichier du firmware à partir d'autres lieux que le site Freefly et qui a causé des problèmes.

Il pourrait être intéressant de tester pour voir si le Radian fait, en fait, fonctionne correctement.

Votre courtier peut-être remplacer le Radian si elle ne fonctionne pas correctement et vous ne pouvez plus "mettre à jour" le firmware.

Andy
    ---
    Understood. I am happy to say that I can still understand written French.

Now I understand what happened.

Regarding the firmware file - thank you for the information - some people have got the firmware file from places other than the Freefly site and that caused problems.

It might be interesting to test to see if the Radian is actually working properly.

Your deaer may need to replace the Radian if it does not work properly and you can not "update" the firmware.

19. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

Merci Andy.
    Félicitation si tu arrives à comprendre le français. Ce n'est pas une langue très facile.

Comment puis je tester si mes radians fonctionnent?

Si tu me donne la technique et que mes radians ne peuvent pas être mis à jour, je contacterai mon dealer pour voir ce qu'il peut me proposer.

20. Jeremie VEDEL

Jeremie VEDEL New Member

Hi!
    Someone can tell me where or how can i reset my firmware radian? Because my dealer told me i have to come black to the default firmware.
    Thank you