/dist/images/branding/favicon

BMPC 4K SDI to HDMI

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Stefan Helborg, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Stefan Helborg

Hello again :)

I have a BMPC 4K camera, which I will use on my movi. For image transfer, I have bought the Amimon Connex.

Maybe I was a bit cheap, but I bought this sdi to hdmi converter on eBay:
    http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/...-SD-SDI-to-HDMI-For-Driving-Monitor-1080P.jpg

It originaly feeds with power via USB, but I have attached an pololu step-down so that I can feed it with power from one of the two MoVI batteries. The converter makes 5v out of the 14,6v but max 500mAh.

I can not really get a picture through. I have tested it with a Lumix GH4 and there is no problem when I run hdmi plug directly from the camera and into the Connex air unit. Video in lamp lights immediately.

I have tested to run a hdmi cable directly from sdi converter to the monitor, and there are a fine picture. But when I run hdmi cable from the converter to the Connex air unit, then there's sometimes just a picture in a second and then it says "Video signal not detected". Video in lamp is not on. Flashing only temporarily occasionally.

Mabye the Connex air unit is very sensitive to how much voltage/mah is via HDMI signal ...

Are there any of you who use a BMPC 4K and how do you to get the image to your Connex?

Yes irritating enough BMPC have only 4K SDI output :-(

2. Stefan Helborg

I have a feeling, that it has something to do with compabilety of the formats??

I have now bin told, that the converter I bought, put out HDCP and not HDMI... Thats why
    Connet don't show any picture.