/dist/images/branding/favicon

Bluetooth issues

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Marc Smith, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

hey guys. I recently upgraded to a new iPhone. I had the 7+ running ios12 with now issues with the movi. Now I bought a Xs running current iOS firmware, but unable to connect to the movi. It just sits there attempting to connect. Anyone recently experience this?? I deleted and reinstalled the movi app as well. Thanks for any tips

2. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

Have the iPhone forget the device and start from scratch, for good measure I would also delete and re-install the app again.

Marc Smith likes this.
  3. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

Didn’t work. When attempting to pair it keeps going back to the “tap to connect “ screen.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Marc: If you've not already done so, I'd open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com).

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Marc Smith likes this.
  5. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

Just adding 2 cents here. I would consider resetting network settings on the new phone? Reboot, then connect to the Movi again. Also make sure the old iPhone is powered off?

John Woody and Marc Smith like this.
  6. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

7. Aaron Marquette

8. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

Yea. I figured it out. Basically I had both the beta and AppStore app both on. The beta needed to updated but I deleted the app on my new phone. So I just restored my phone from a previous back up and after I updated the beta, the app worked perfectly. I since deleted the beta and am solely using the AppStore app. No more issues

John Chu likes this.
  9. adam frizzer

adam frizzer New Member

I use the best system and In this, Bluetooth issue occurs and I can't do anything. And I also use the printer and if I have an issue with printer then go to the printer repair near me to solve the problem. it provides good service and information.

10. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

11. Aaron Marquette

I’m having Bluetooth issues now too. Support request sent.

Every 5 seconds the Apps (both official and Beta) will disconnect and reconnect to Movi Pro or Mimic. I have deleted and reinstalled both apps. I also chose to “Stop Testing” Beta & I deleted TestFlight. Both hardware devices Movi Pro & Mimic function as usual. I just updated my iPhone * to 12.1.2 but it didn’t help.

Anyone?

PS
    The link i posted now appears to be dead:
    YOU'RE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS PAGE”

12. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

My issues were with the movi app and beta and not updating the beta app/ firmware prior to deleting and buying a new phone. It would attempt to connect but would stall out. Essentially I was locked out of the app. Even with someone else’s phone it would not connect. What I did was restore my new iPhone XS back to a older backup that still had my original beta app. Once I updated the movi using the beta I was good to go. Hope this helps.

13. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Aaron, sounds like you are on the wrong section of the forum. This is a thread for the Movi Cinema Robot and not MōVI Pro or MIMIC. App disconnecting every 5 seconds definetely sounds like the bluetooth firmware issue. You can learn more about the issue and get the firmware to update at www.freeflysystems.com/bluetooth

This sounds like a software compatibility issue. Basically, you should always update your firmware to the latest if the App is indicating you have a firmware update available. If you got everything to the latest through the Beta app, and then decide to go back to App store version, you should first revert the firmware using the Beta app.

14. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

15. Clau Muñoz

Clau Muñoz New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have this problem but there is not beta app available now. I have the latest Movi app on my iPhone 8+ running ios 13.1.2. The movi app has a firmware 1.3 update available but I cannot installed as the phone and movi bluetooth connection is intermitten.

Any suggestions?
    Cheers.

16. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

I think your best bet is to contact Freefly Support directly. The user forum is mostly end users and if resetting everything on the unit and maybe phone doesn't fix it---Freefly Support should be able to help.