/dist/images/branding/favicon

Black Magic Video Assist 4k - aerial work?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Eirik Nicolai Heim, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Eirik Nicolai Heim

Hi,

My cam.op. monitor just died. I need a new monitor. I had a cheap Lilliput monitor which was OK for framing and it could be a back up for the pilot with internal radio possibility. But it was a hassle to use for focus pulling during handheld gimbal work. The res was 1280x800.

I have Connex for wireless. Will the Black Magic Video Assist be a nice upgrade? Yeah I know the Atomos and Small HD are great monitors, but the BMVA is much cheaper and I think it has what I need. Color accuracy is not super important. I need a 7" monitor with both hdmi and sdi, and it must be a nice monitor for focus pulling.

Any experience? Tips?

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Eirik, do you want the monitor to be viewable in direct sunlight? If so, you should consider Atomos Shogun Flame & Inferno or Small HD's super bright series.

If that's not an issue, I think you will be happy with BM Video Assisst 7K, considering you were happy with Lilliput.

3. Eirik Nicolai Heim

If the BMVA 7" is just as sharp and easy to pull focus with, then it is enough. I guess I would like a hoody for my monitor anyway.
    And guess the colors are good enough. I will no matter what also have my Red Touch at the same time.