/dist/images/branding/favicon

Bl-Ctrl again

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Gustavo Rios, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi,

Checking my PDB to see if there were any loose capacitor or anything else that causes I have high consumption , I found that I have in several BL-Ctrl the same SMD burned, coincidentally the engine that consuming less has it intact, not if this is what causes the increased consumption but the truth is that my CS6 still flying with no problems so far, not that it should but it does.
    I have the other Bl-ctrl and I think I can used them for replacement parts.

Bl-Ctrl.jpg

1= burned
    2= Same piece that 1

That I can do ?, I change the burnt pieces or I leave everything equal and continue flying

Gustavo.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustavo don't fly. Don't take the chance. Have someone check the board to replace not only the capacitor but check the traces since it appears they might have been damaged. Best thing to do is buy another BL and replace this one. Replacing them isn't to hard and there have been a couple of posts on the forum I think from Dave King. Or send it all back to your dealer to do the repair if they offer that type of service. Pretty sure that Thiago Krause over in Brazil would be able to do it for you.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That does not look good at all Gustavo -- I think you may have found part of the problem.
    Unfortunately, there does seem to be an accurate parts layout for the most recent BL-Control on the web.
    I did find this: http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/BL-Ctrl_Manual (scroll down to "Connecting") but it does not seem to match.
    Furthermore, there does not appear to be any silk-screening of the component identifiers on the BL-Ctrls I have -- nor on the one you show.

I suspect you will have to contact your dealer to see if the BL-Ctrls that have this damage can be repaired.

But I'm still worried as to what may have caused the burning.

Andy.

4. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Gustavo are you good with soldering? If you are you can replace the BL yourself. I think I'm going to do a training video on replacing a MK BL.

MIke Magee likes this.