/dist/images/branding/favicon

Bizzarre Issue with radians today Please HELP w/ video

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Drew Roberts, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Drew Roberts

Drew Roberts New Member

Aircraft Type: Tarot Ironman 1000
    Gimbal Type: Cinestar
    Radian Type (3 axis)
    Gimbal Power source: 3s Lipo w/ bec
    Gimbal Radio Type:Spektrum DX6i
    Radian Communication Protocol (Spektrum)

Today all the progress I have been making with my cinestar gimbal and radians started to snow ball backwards. I had everything balanced and working great with decent results from my first few test flights but I wanted to adjust some gains/ rate settings on the radians today when the shit hit the fan...

Please watch my video for more explanation...
    sorry for my poor terminology but I was VERY frustrated and on my 2nd beer lol

Basically everything got scrambled... nothing does what it is supposed to, my mode switches do not work but the right control stick now functions as my mode switch when pushed to the bottom right and tilt when pushed to the top right and bottom left.

None of the channels respond to the proper stick inputs everything is all over the place and seems to have random movements and the left control stick which should be dead creates random movements out of the gimbal.

Literally everything was working perfect then it hit. I didn't drop anything or spill a bucket of water on my transmitter It just freaked out... Do I have a bad (brand new) spektrum transmitter? or is this a simple problem?

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

you need to check what channels are doing what and whats assigned. take a screen shot when everything is powered on so we can see!:)

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

also when you flick the switch for the stablized slew does it react with the input channel moniter? maybe you need to start over and assign everything again?

4. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Drew
    Did you by any chance accidentally change the model type on the dx6? If not...

Here are my diagnostic suggestions:
    1. check the input monitor on the dx6 to see that the channels respond properly to stick inputs and gear. If OK then...
    2. Re-bind the satellite. If that does not fix it...
    3. Plug the satellite into a different Radian. If that does not fix it...
    4. Connect the spektrum receiver (not the satellite) to one radian. If you are connecting to the tilt, run a pwm cable from channel 2 on the receiver to the port 1 on the radian and another cable from channel 5 (gear switch to select mode) to port 2. You will need to run your power to the receiver and it will pass the power to the radian.
    5. If that does not work properly, then it is the radian(s).
    Good luck. Also search this forum for my hint on using Mix to emulate a 3 position mode switch.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Drew all of the above are good suggestions. We would need screen shots of each of the Radian settings. Couldn't see your configuration values in the video. Also would be good to get all of the channel mappings on the TX. As Joe said look at the DX monitor as you move the switches to verify for example that switch 2 is moving channel 6.

6. Drew Roberts

Drew Roberts New Member

Hey everyone thanks for the fast reply!

1. I checked my channel monitor and everything was correct coming out of my transmitter. Check out the video.

2. Here are the photos of my settings for each access, this is the setup that was working well for be before the issue.

photo 3-16.JPG photo 2-20.JPG

photo 1-20.JPG

3. may be a stupid question but how do I rebind my dx6i with the DSMX satellite receiver? there isnt a bind plug on it.

4. Ill switch which radian the dsmx receiver is plugged into and see if that helps.

Hope this info helps Ill keep doing research to see if anyone has had similar issues.

Thanks again for your help this forum is awesome.

7. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Drew
    Binding is done with the satellite connected to the receiver, then when you bind the receiver it binds the sat as well. See attached from the dx6i manual.

Good luck!

Attached Files:

8. Drew Roberts

Drew Roberts New Member