/dist/images/branding/favicon

Binding process

Discussion in 'WEDGE' started by Derek Cooper, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Hey Gang,

Looking to acquire a WEDGE - how do we bind to the WEDGE from the Movi Controller?

I'm assuming we set the WEDGE to the same channel as the Movi and the Controller will bind to both? Doesn't mention the binding process in the manual unless I missed it, which is entirely possible! o_O

Derek

2. Derek Cooper

Love finding my own answers! LOL

3. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Derek, it's not even clear on the video.

I put them to the same channel and bind one by one afterwards. It works this way. If the channels are different it doesn't work.

4. Derek Cooper

Perfect - I'll let you know if I have any problems later this week when our WEDGE is slated to arrive.

How do you like your WEDGE?

5. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Pretty slick setup and so lightweight. No regrets buying it; loving it.

6. Derek Cooper

Excellent - what I wanted to hear.

7. Derek Cooper

We got hung-up on the bind process for some time - then Bryan at FF told me the process is a bit different from binding to the Movi.

As we know, to bind to the Movi you press and hold the bind button for 2-3 seconds. The light starts blinking red fast, then when it goes slow blink, you start the bind process on the Controller - easy.

With the WEDGE, and this is where we were going wrong, you actually start the bind process on the Controller right after pushing the bind button on the WEDGE. Don't wait for slow blinks - it'll never bind.

8. Aleksandar Bracinac

Aleksandar Bracinac New Member

When I bought Wedge, binding was successful at the first time and worked at glance. After upgrading firmware to 1.0.1. can't bind Wedge anymore. Tried a dozens of times. It shows green, but controller says "Freefly wedge is not connected..." or something like that.

Any ideas?

9. Derek Cooper

Describe your activation procedure. When it shows green, is it solid green, or solid, then flash, then solid? When you push the bind on the WEDGE, do you immediately push bind on the Movi Controller? That is the correct way to bind - push the bind button on the WEDGE and immediately push the bind on the Movi Controller - do not wait for a slow red flash on the WEDGE. It's different than binding to the Movi.

10. Aleksandar Bracinac

Yes, I'm doing binding with pushing button on the Wedge and immidiately on Controller. After "binding" it's solid green than flash, than solid. Some times it's fails and it's red. Anyway, I can't get it to work anymore.

11. Aleksandar Bracinac

Solved!
    From some reason I have to turn off and on the Controller after bind process is finished. If not, Wedge will not work.

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice find, Aleksandar. I have no idea why this should be necessary, but it sounds like it falls in to the class of computer-related mysteries that are solved by power-cycling the computer.

Andy.

Aleksandar Bracinac likes this.