Binding a Movi Pro & an RC Controller?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by steve green, Sep 20, 2018.

1. steve green

steve green New Member

Hi all,
    I just bought a movi pro and need to buy an rc controller for it, and get it bound. I've spent the better part of the day searching for any info on how to get this done. Is there an article, video, instructions of any kind to walk me through it? I found a step by step for an M15 but the the pro. Also, what exactly do I need to buy? Just the Spectrum or Futaba controller, or do I need a receiver as well. I bought the 5.00 cables for each when I bought the unit from freefly.
    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Steve

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Hey steve i would recommend the futaba t14sg controller for remote. links are for reference

https://www.quadrocopter.com/Futaba-14SGA-24G-R7008SB-Air-Bi-Directional-Mode-2_p_1486.html

You will also need to buy a rc receiver this one is plug and play futuba r7008bsb

https://www.quadrocopter.com/Futaba-R7008SB-24GHz-FASSTest-Telemetry-Rx-14SG-18MZ_p_1487.html

then you need the cable to bind/link the two together

you can fast foward starts around the 7- 8min mark is the part you want to see you need a small battery connect to the receiver.

Plug the receiver into COM2 port

and your done.

oh then mapping lol

3. steve green

steve green New Member

Jason,
    Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.
    Cheers,
    Steve

4. steve green

steve green New Member

Trying to save some $ over the Futuba unit. I found a Spectrum DX7S, will that work with the Movi Pro? If so which receiver should I buy to pair with it?

5. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

the ar7700 receiver is the best one because it has the same amount of channels on it. But any spektrum receiver will work with any controller. you just get more or less channels to work with a different receiver ;)

6. Eirik Fiskkjønli

Eirik Fiskkjønli New Member

Steve, did you purchase a controller?

So i am also looking for some info around binding a RC controller to my movi pro, would love the freefly controller but it is just too expensive.

Is it possible to control a fiz motor from a RC-controller?
    How many channels do we really need for controlling: pan, tilt, roll, zoom?
    My guess is four would be nice to know what else is nice to have control over.

Appreciate any info.

7. steve green

steve green New Member

Hey Eirik,
    I did get an RC controller rigged up for the Movi Pro. I went pretty basic, just control of the of the movi, no motors. I'm not the one to give you technical answers pertaining to motors and channels. Having said that I'd be happy to answer the basic stuff for you.

8. Eirik Fiskkjønli

Eirik Fiskkjønli New Member

Great, what controller did you choose?

I'm using the PS4 now together with the mimic so any controller would be an upgrade.

Maybe someone else can chime in on fiz setup.

Thanks.

9. steve green

steve green New Member

I bought a Spektrum DX7 and a Spektrum AR8000 receiver. I then took them both to a local hobby shop and they did the binding for me in five minutes. I took it there because I didn't have a battery to power the receiver for the binding process. Then I spent and hour or so with the movi app on my phone getting the pan, tilt and roll assigned to the proper sticks. Basically, that's all the control that I have. I need the app to adjust the speed of each axis. For my purposes this works.