/dist/images/branding/favicon

Beta firmware 1.1.2.0

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Derek Cooper, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Anyone given it a go? Good experience?

We are tempted to load it on our controller - would be nice to get the auto tune feature working again subsequent to the Movi 4.01 upgrade.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

What's the current version of firmware on your MōVI Controller, Derek?
    I suppose what I'm really asking is, "Can you fall back to the current version you have if you experience issues with 1.1.2.0?"

I wouldn't upgrade unless I could revert back to the current version. Unfortunately I do not see any version prior to 1.1.2.0 on the FF web site.

Andy.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Derek: I've asked FF if they could post the current version of the MC firmware on the web site to allow folks to revert back to it if issues arise with the beta firmware.

Andy.

4. Derek Cooper

You're the best Andy - I was just about to call and ask them the same thing... I'll post results after the upgrade. We are doing some more waypoint testing this afternoon and then we'll test the upgrade on the Controller.

5. Derek Cooper

FF emailed me the original firmware so we went ahead and updated to the beta - looks fine. Nice new functionality too!

6. Derek Cooper

One thing that has always puzzled me about the Controller - when configuring with the application, we can choose whether we are in airborne or handheld mode. I've never understood why the Controller does not have the option to choose between the two before doing an auto-tune.

I'm likely missing something basic.

It also concerns me that I've just posted three times in a row to the same thread - apparently I need treatment! LOL

BTW full day of shooting yesterday with the beta firmware and all was perfect - no issues to report. Yay.

7. Jon Firestone

Jon Firestone New Member

I just updated to the beta and it's allowing me to record with my Redrock wireless system which is great, but then I updated my redrock to the new 3.0 software which they've increased the resolution by three or four times, but that means the MōVI controller only drives the gear about 1/3-1/4 as far as it should. can you put in an option under the fiz for the redrock firmware 3.0 version so it still works and we get all that added precision?

8. Jon Firestone

Jon Firestone New Member

Is the MōVi Controller's internal Mimic option available in this beta? If so how do you enable it?

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

1.1.2.0 does not enable the MōVI Controller mimicking the MIMIC. That feature will be in a later release, but AFAIK there is no set date for that.

Andy.

10. Jon Firestone

Jon Firestone New Member

Thanks Andy, I have the Mimic on preorder too, I'm really looking forward to this capability.

11. Andres Torres

Andres Torres New Member

I'm also curious if there's any information on the release date of the MIMIC firmware update for the MōVi Controller. Having the MōVi Controller operating on a tripod head would be a HUGE asset. I'm hoping to use this for an aerial job in two weeks.