/dist/images/branding/favicon

Best way to add 4 additional channels to MR?

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Ben Ellingson, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Ben Ellingson

Ben Ellingson New Member

Hey guys. I finally have my Movi M10, converted to MR, flying on my heavy lift octo. The gimbal is amazingly steady even at 50mm. Now I just need at least 2 aux channels, though 4 would be perfect. I'm Flying an FS700 and have servos/controllers for zoom, record, photo, and focus. I'd be happy with start/stop and zoom alone which would require on two channels. Must I install a Futaba SBUS receiver just to get this functionality? If so, does it completely disable the builtin spektrum unit? Then I assume I'd need a BEC since the current coming from the aux port is too low to turn servos... Any advice will be appreciated.
    photo.JPG

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

With the caveat that I've not actually done what you're proposing yet:

1. Yes. Use a Futaba S.bus receiver.
    2. I don't think the Futaba receiver can co-exist with the Spektrum satellite, but that's baseless speculation on my part.
    3. Use a BEC, the additional servos could each pull an Amp or so....depending on the load they're under.

Andy.

3. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Here is the Spektrum way and it is a bit of a PITA to setup but once done is worth it. You need an AR9020 plus three satellites. Bind all three satellites to the AR9020. Remove the middle satellite and plug that into the Movi- use either of the outer sats and the AR9020 will not work. Wire in power from the Movi to the AR9020 (you will need to use a BEC or voltage reducer for this) and now you can use the AR9020 to give you the extra channels. There are now 3 sats on the Movi but it works a charm. For four channels extra you will probably need to use the X-Plus channel expander along with something like a DX18 but this plugs directly into the AR9020. The reason being that the Movi is already using 6 channels I think thus only leaving 2 spare for a non X-Plus setup.

In an earlier thread I thought it might work by using a y cable from the movi to the sat and the other end going direct into a standard Spektrum RX thus meaning only 1 sat would be in use. Having now trialed that this morning, it doesn't work as the Specktrum RX will not pass on power from the satellite to the servo channels- probably for protective reasons.