/dist/images/branding/favicon

Battery efficiency

Discussion in 'ALTA X' started by Cory Mogul, Feb 9, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Cory Mogul

Cory Mogul New Member

I have been flying the Alta X with a payload of 10lbs and using two Tattu plus 1.0 batteries. I feel like I should be getting at 30 minutes of flight but I have only been getting around 15-16 minutes. The payload is run off of a separate battery and the weight for it and the chord have been added to the previously mentioned payload. Recently I ran a hover test on a day with minimal winds (1-3 knots) and started seeing a decline in performance after 17 minutes with a reading of 44.5v Has anyone else had an issue with batteries dying too quickly?

2. Andrew Pollock

Andrew Pollock New Member

What do you mean by a decline in performance?

Also what is your battery voltage after landing?

I personally try not let my voltage after landing to be lower than 45v. With the payloads I’m normally flying that’s a loaded voltage of around 44v.

Flying a 20 pound payload recently I was getting 16-18min.

how old are your batteries?

3. Riccardo Corbari

Riccardo Corbari New Member

Follow. I rely on Freefly's statements about 33 mins with 10 lbs. payload. I hope this is true.

4. Jon Loder

Jon Loder New Member

I've been playing it safe by landing at 30%. I suspect that the abrupt turns in QGC mapping patterns take a lot of power. I fly mapping missions at 15 m/s. The 90 degree turns are very aggressive at that speed. I'm hoping that they fix the "box turn" issues soon. As it is, I can't get more than about 15 minutes of flight time. I'm using a Sony A6000 on a Grimsey T3 gimbal. That's not much load.

5. Ariff

Ariff New Member

I got my flight time at about 20 minutes at 44v with current draw at 60-80amps average. I was hoping to get more flight time as shown in the specs. My payload is 4kg. But my battery is only about 7 cycle, i am hoping after few more flight the battery will be properly broken in and gradually increase the performance.

Has anyone had more battery cycle and increase in flight time performance?