/dist/images/branding/favicon

Backup plan...

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Howard Dapp, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

We usually travel with a complete back up of our multi and gimbal when traveling. This includes a mirror image of our multi setup and gimbal with full electronics, camera/lenses, IMU, downlink TX etc. If we were to completely lose a system we would have a backup ready. We also travel with a backup radio, video RX and downlink monitor in case one fails.

It can be a total pain when traveling by air but it's a good feeling knowing there is a backup plan in place if needed.

Do you tote along a full backup? Or do you pack replacement components such as booms, blades and camera etc?

2. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

2 Complete systems plus spares. It is the only way I can sleep at night! It was a lot more critical with helicopters when I used to use them, multi rotors have reduced my pre-shoot stress levels about ten fold.

It is so easy traveling now compared to the old heli days! Now I take 4 pelican 1620s and my camera bag and that is it! Used to be much bigger load.

Tabb

3. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Great! When flying, do you check in all of your equipment? (other than camera equipment and computers of course) We usually carry-on one full kit - multi, gimbal, radio - just in case of lost baggage. We had an issue once where our equipment was lost for a day and a half! We vowed to carry-on at least one complete set to eliminate this from happening again!

4. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Howard, I check or ship everything except cameras. My carry ons are maxed out with camera / laptop etc usually

It is horrible when gear does not arrive!

5. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

You guys are my heroes :D
    I normally travel with my CS8 and a CS6 as backup.... I'm the poor kid on the block. LOL :D
    But I do agree, it's better to carry more than less and an excess weight fare is far less than a lost day of job

6. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Dont forget the dogs food, ferret food, and in my case toasted garlic lolololol , couldnt resist my friend. (sorry to others but it was a nice night encounter we had and both had a laugh on the others cars.....)

RcHeliPilot likes this.