/dist/images/branding/favicon

Autotune Percentages

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Ben Gibb, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Ben Gibb

Ben Gibb New Member

Hello!

I'm sure this will be an easy one to answer for the users with more experience but what exactly do the percentages in the autotune parameters correspond to? I know from one of the overview videos that Freefly put out that the full cage models should be set to 70% and the 3/4 cage models should be set to 50%. What does that mean and why those percents?

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ben:
    Very valid question. I think the answer is that the percentage doesn't really correspond to anything other than "these numbers were found to give the best results." The posh explanation is "these were determined empirically." :)

Autotuning is highly dependent on the mechanical system in question, how much mass is moving, and what resonant frequency the combined mass has -- and thus the different percentages.

Sorry for the long answer above. The short answer is: I dunno.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Chris Harrison likes this.
  3. Ben Gibb

Ben Gibb New Member

Thanks Andy, that was helpful.