/dist/images/branding/favicon

Auto tuning and then noise on motors

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rafael Tres, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Rafael Tres

Rafael Tres New Member

Hi guys, I just got a Movi Pro, when the autotuning finish I have noise on the motors.
    I balance well several times and tried a lot of points on the balance but the noise its the same.
    Any advice ?
    Best
    Rafa

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You should go into the App and see which Axis is vibrating. You can see red meters in the Tuning section that will show you where the problems are. Either decrease the Stiffness on these Axes, or increase the Filter a little.

If you're auto-tuning at 70% (the default level), then it'll probably give you some noise and vibration. I personally find 70% is too high, so I use 50%.

Either way, you should always manually check and adjust the tuning after using Auto-Tune, especially Hold Strengths, Stiffness, and Filters depending on how much noise and vibration you're getting, and on which axis you're getting it.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Rafael: In addition to what Graham says, you need to be sure that you're holding the MoVI Pro as you intend to use it when you do an Autotune.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  4. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

I’ve found the auto tune to be a bit disappointing, no better than previous versions of the gimbal other than giving you poor results quicker. You’ll get better results doing manually.