/dist/images/branding/favicon

Arggggh! Camera Stop recording

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Has anyone had cameras stop recording randomly in the middle of the shot?
    I was flying today testing some gimbal settings with a Sony NEX 6 and in the middle of the flight the camera stop recording, then just as I lifted on a second flight the same, Stop recording, the ovious was ok!
    fresh camera battery
    fresh SD card that I had use before
    I was also testing a new IR camera trigger that work nicely
    this also happened in the past with a GH2 that I had
    what could it be could the IR on the camera be influenced by near by cell phones IR devices near by
    what do you guys think?
    thanks

2. Jose Luis Ocejo

I was using one of the shutter cable from RC Shutter I place it right next to the IR of the camera it works great on a 3 position switch middle is off, up is trigger for stills, down is trigger for video, pretty straight forward, and you know there is so much thats got to be right before you take of only realize latter that the camera stop recording somewhere in the flight and ruin the shot and the flight so frustrating it is, I got to figure this out its a big deal, specially on paid jobs or important locations, I will email RC shutter and see if he has any idea why this happens, here are some ideas of mine, some crazy but I have to find the solution of course I will do more tests,
    could it be smart cel phones in proximity to the copter,
    could it be IR devices from nearby houses
    could it be car radar detectors near by
    could it be vibrations from the copter
    could it be the heat from the sun IMG_2077.jpg

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Were you running an HDMI out signal. If that gets interrupted that can also stop recording.

4. Jose Luis Ocejo

Yes I was hmmm Il look in to it
    thanks

5. Jose Luis Ocejo

Hi Gary I just did a test on the bench camera recording FF HDMI converter working, Mondo transmiter working so I started recording and watch the counter on the external monitor (camera monitor goes black) and started to disconnect the HDMI from the camera, from the converter, power off the converter, wiggle cables nothing made the camera stop recording the counter kept on going
    o_O

6. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Jose,

Put a piece of black electrical/gaff tape over the IR bulb and sensor. It could be that the sensor is being triggered by sunlight.

Greetings,
    Adam

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Based on the Jose, Adam has a good suggestion. I use the LttleSmartThings LED controller but have always covered it with gaffer tape. Don't leave the IR eye and sender open.

8. Jose Luis Ocejo

OK I cover the IR bulb and the IR camera window with velcro like a dark cocoon flew this afternoon and so far so good the trigger work fine and it did not shut the camera off it was later in the day I will try again with full sun tomorrow
    thanks