/dist/images/branding/favicon

Anyone using a waist belt tablet holder?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by jim mundell, Dec 1, 2014.

1. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi, I am looking for a tablet holder that would fit on a belt. I currently have my tablet for the Movi in a case but noway to keep it on me. Always putting it down on set and never close when I need it. Curious if anyone knows where to purchase one? Have not found one on the interwebs. Thanks

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I have a small neoprene case that was given away as swag at a show I was working, and it's a perfect size for my Android tablet. It's got a little loop on it that you could use with a carabiner clip to attach it to a belt loop. Or you could just cut a small hole and attach a clip to it.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I use the Moko hard shell case for the Nexus 7:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E4OKXY6/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

It has the advantage that it's a hard shell case, it snaps positively around the Nexus, it has an elastic "hand strap" on the back so you don't always have to affirmative hold the device (great for watching videos or reading a eBook), and you can also use the case as a stand to hold the Nexus at different angles on a table.

If you look at the image on the web page, on the right hand edge, there is an elasticated loop which I suspect is intended for a stylus, but you could certainly use it for a carabiner.

Andy.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

By the way, I moved this thread (it was in Announcements) and edited the title in case anyone searched for "waist belt."

Andy.