/dist/images/branding/favicon

Anyone in here buying the Red Raven?

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Adam Brennan, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I just put down my deposit on one. It will be my first Red Camera. I think I am going to stay with Zeiss CP.2 lenses vs going Canon's cinema lenses. I hear the CP.2s can be changed where the Canon's can't. Anyone here think Zeiss is the better way to go? I been using Canon's L series lens and find the focus pull too quick. Hoping the cinema lenses do a better job when pulling focus. Thoughts?

2. Olly Meacock

Olly Meacock New Member

Hey Adam,I was going for the Raven, ended up switching to the ScarletW, my first Red too :)
    Zeiss Cp2's are great...i'll be starting off on L series, with the forthcoming Latitude from RtMotion and Foolcontrol it could be a winner in aerial terms at least, hopefully some sort of Mōvi controller integration would be nice though.
    Worked with the Canon Cine Lens last week though and pulling focus was pretty good, much more precise than a stills lens for sure!

3. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Thanks Olly for the reply! Why did you go the scarlet route?

4. Olly Meacock

Olly Meacock New Member

Interchangeable Lens mount and OLPF,upgrade path to the weapon and S35 sensor..

5. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Is it true the Raven's low light performance is lacking? I haven't checked but what kind of difference in price from the raven to yours in upgrade? I may go that route.

6. Olly Meacock

Olly Meacock New Member

7. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

Another thing to look at with the Raven is the 1.87x crop if you play on doing 4k HD.

Best,
    Jeff