/dist/images/branding/favicon

Anyone get to compare Readyrig with Vega vs Amorman 3?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Gage Zanghi, Jan 16, 2021.

?

Readyrig w/ Vega vs Armorman 3

1. Readyrig by a mile

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Readyrig by a hair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Armorman by a mile

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Armorman by a hair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Results are pretty much the same

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gage Zanghi

Gage Zanghi New Member

I’ve always used readyrig. Would like to do a comparison but wanted to put out feelers here. I’m leaning more towards the idea of Armorman theoretically being better for an operators body in the long term - if it acts like a steadicam arm and takes out more of the bounce without having to do that bent knee walk I’d give it a plus.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You'll get much more participation on Facebook with this, and a wider range of views. I worked on the promos for Armorman 3 as an operator, but I mainly use Ready Rig. I'm also probably getting a Flowcine G-Link after a quick test recently.

Personally, I found the Armorman 3 vest to be very uncomfortable after working in it all day. Also, the arms are very wide in the back, and I kept running in to things. It's not great in narrow passages. I've heard some people actually prefer Armorman 2 to Armorman 3.

Ready Rig is more comfortable to me, especially with the inflatable lumbar pad. The down side to Ready Rig (and Armorman wasn't much better at this) is the stabilization isn't very good. You can do good tracking shots with moving subjects -- it's very good at that. But if you have to do a slow-creep push in or rotation with a static subject, you'll see the camera move side to side and up and down, even with Vega bands.

I believe G-Link really improves this issue, bringing Gimbals closer to Steadicam than my Ready Rig can do. That said, I'm not getting rid of my Ready Rig, because there are some shots it can do that G-Link will struggle with, like low-shots and very narrow passages. Also, G-Link is a more complicated vest to tune and set up, so we'll see how that develops.

Gage Zanghi likes this.