/dist/images/branding/favicon

Antenna Snapped can I programme a mimic/M5 motherboard for M10?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jeff Camden, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Jeff Camden

Jeff Camden New Member

Hi,
    Im sure someone out there is a genius with Freefly gear, hopefully you can help.
    So unfortunately I have snapped the antenna right off the motherboard of my M10, now it won't stabilise and is crazy.
    I have an M5 and a mimic, both have the same board inside, but are programmed as either Mimic or M5. Is there anyway of loading the M10 profile onto the motherboard via the SD card input?
    Ive got a shoot in 48hrs I need the M10 for.
    I really appreciate any help.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff, which antenna on your M10 snapped off? Can you upload a picture? What part of the world are you located in?

Do you need the Movi for handheld or aerial work?

3. Jeff Camden

Jeff Camden New Member

Hi Graham,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I snapped off the GPS antenna at the circuit board, nothing left to solder back to either. Tried soldering what I could and hot glueing, but no good.
    I have signalled the same board from my M5 and its working, fairly well, just have small issue in that it limps to a strange angle when switching to airborne mode (takeoff), but is working fine in dual mode.
    Im in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and will be using it under an ALTA6.
    Hopefully I can get some feedback from the zen desk soon and make it work properly without any stress with the M5 board.
    Cheers