/dist/images/branding/favicon

Another failed firmware upgrade (special case)

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jaimyn Mayer, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Jaimyn Mayer

Jaimyn Mayer New Member

Hi,

After a firmware upgrade failing on our M10 I thought no worries, I'll just make up a jumper cable to force it into "bootstrap" mode. After reading the dozens of threads that this worked in I was confident it would work. However the problem is that neither my Android phone nor Windows 10 computer can detect or pair with the Movi. I'm fairly experienced with electronics (but no expert) and this has me stumped. If it helps, when power is applied all three LEDs on the (motor controller?) come on for about a second then turn off again. The (motor controller?) also gets quite warm just sitting there doing nothing - ie the motors aren't powered up at all.

Just to confirm, the two outer most pins in this picture should be shorted to force bootstrap mode?
    [​IMG]

Is there any other way to get the firmware onto the Movi M10? I have a bunch of FTDI/Serial adapters etc from my programming micro-controllers. Is there a physical way of uploading the firmware using one of these? We have a big shoot tomorrow so it's really quite urgent.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jaimyn there isn't a direct connect method for the update. Freefly will send you a jumper if you don't have one.

3. Jaimyn Mayer

Jaimyn Mayer New Member

Thanks Gary, that's unfortunate. As I mentioned I have already tried it with a jumper cable that I made. Neither device can even see the movi via Bluetooth. The motor controller also get's very warm, quite quickly while the motors remain limp. Is it possibly a hardware fault that by chance has happened when we updated the firmware?