/dist/images/branding/favicon

Android wireless app connectivity

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Nick Pujic, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Nick Pujic

Nick Pujic New Member

Got the app installed, bluetooth pairs with FFS.x.x.x device but app says no connection.
    Running android 4.2 with app downloaded yesterday.

Any help guys? Thanks

Nick

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

What device/tablet are you using to connect. You should be able to tap connect then select the FFS.x.x.x. Make sure the MoVI is up and running.

3. Nick Pujic

Nick Pujic New Member

Asus 7" tablet, movi is up, responds to the remote.
    Is there anything prior to connecting to the movi that is required for this to work?

Thank you,

Nick

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I have a nexus 7 and had no issues. Have you been able to connect via bluetooth to a Mac or windows computer? Is this specific to the android app?

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Nick:
    By what method did you install the app under the Android OS, please?
    I presume you set the option to allow apps to install from unknown sources (otherwise I don't think you can even do the install)?

Andy.

6. Nick Pujic

Nick Pujic New Member

Hi Andy, I did allow permissions, after downloading the app from the FF site. I've been able to connect to the Movi via a Mac laptop & bluetooth, so it's got to be something with the tablet.

Thank you for the help!

Nick

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Nick: Yeah....it sounds like the Android tablet's got issues with the communications. The BT driver sounds like it's working, but no data is flowing between the MōVI and the FF app.

Andy.

8. Mark MacEwen

Mark MacEwen Member

I have the same problem with an Asus memo 7inch pad, and have installed it the right way, updated my pad etc, but just not connecting to the pad, it connects to the mac laptop though, any ideas

9. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

I'm also unable to connect my PC laptop to the gimbal via Bluetooth. I've spent the last two days trying everything I can but to no avail! I know the bluetooth dongle is working because I can connect my iPhone to my laptop and play music off it. The laptop sees the device (FFS-F2BB) but will not connect despite being paired. In "Bluetooth Device Control" in windows 7 it just says "disconnected" next to the icon for the Movi. Any clues or any other way to connect?

10. Mark MacEwen

Mark MacEwen Member

Is there any way to resolve the problem between tablet and movi ? or is it just a hard wear issue, Im surprised a brand new tablet would have this problem, i mean it seems to do everything else fine just cant connect to the movi in the freefly program, or am i going to have to buy another and this time a nexus 7 ?

11. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

Got my mates mac to connect so a config problem with PC?

12. Maël ANDRE

Maël ANDRE New Member

Hi everyone,
    Just to let you know i can't connect my ACER Iconia tablet too, and I can with my Mac.
    #Tabb, do you have an issue or we have ti buy Nexus ? is there a debug mode ?

13. Ville Hyvönen - Helicam

Hello,

Im running Lenovo IdeaTab A3000-H with Android 4.2.2. and no luck connecting with the app. bluetooth pairs nicely, App sees the device, "attempts to connect to device" but "no connection".

with my macbook freefly configurator works nicely.

14. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Mael and Ville many folks are finding that not all Android devices are equal in the market. Google/Asus Nexus seem to work fine. Also the minimum screen size is 7 inches. It is very perplexing about the Android operating system.

15. Ville Hyvönen - Helicam

Thanks for the info. Waiting for that iOS app! :)

16. Ville Hyvönen - Helicam

Got the Asus Nexus7 for 199€ and that works.

17. I'm also finding that a fair amount of people are not unchecking the box in the in the 'Device Administration' section of the settings menu.

"Allow installation of apps from sources other than the PlayStore"--- unchecking that box will allow the 'Configurator App' to be installed.

18. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

Will the app be modified to allow smaller screens? I've got the app connecting on my samsung galaxy S4, however can't change parameters since the incremental buttons are not visible..

19. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

+1 for not being able to control movi parameters from my Droid Maxx, as the buttons are too low and can't see them!! it's super frustrating since we are having to lug around the laptop to adjust... Cheers!

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Chris:
    Frustrating! :mad:
    Could you post a screen shot from the Droid Maxx, please? I think it would help the FF software developers see the problem.

Andy.