/dist/images/branding/favicon

Android Tablet connection issues

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Cameron Michael, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Cameron Michael

Has anyone experienced this? I eventually get it to connect after 3-4 attempts turning the Movi on and off again , thoughts?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

What specific brand/model of tablet are you using?

3. Cameron Michael

Galaxy Tab 7 8GB, I was using it with my M10 with no issues. Once I get it to finally connect, it stays connected, but the initial takes 10 min of On/Off attempts.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Does it still work ok with the M10, Cameron?
    I'm wondering which end the problem might be: M15 or Galaxy -- if it's still ok with the M10, then that points to the M15 -- if the M10 is now flaky, then that points to the Galaxy.

Andy.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Make sure you have any other BT devices completely turned off so there is no chance of interference. If that doesn't help then as Andy says send a ticket into Freefly.

6. Leopoldo Tamargo

Having the same issue and my buddy is has a job with it tomorrow.

He just texted me that it said "Comms revision not recognized" when selecting FFS-A895.

Anyone who has had the same problem or has any suggestions would be welcomed.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Leopoldo: That sounds like a mis-match between the firmware on the MoVi and the Configurator application that you're running. What version firmware is the MoVI running, and what version is the Configurator app? Given the shortness of time to the job, you may want to email support@freeflysystems.com as soon as possible.

Andy.

8. Leopoldo Tamargo

Thank you Andy

He is unfamiliar with how to download the Configurator onto the tablet it seems.
    Any way I can tell him how to do it over the phone?
    Can he use his Mac or a Mac with Windows on it to install onto the tablet?
    He is in Miami and I am in San Francisco currently.

9. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Ok success Mac save the day...night android is still thinking about it..... I downloaded the new version of the configurator on my MAC desktop and "walla" it works now I can tune the M15

dear software friends from Freefly a humble request......
    let us know in bold letters on the forum or email when a new firmware is out please please.........
    if you guys did and we mist it well........
    thanks

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Is this your friend's first attempt to use an Android device? If so, I'm afraid it might be over-optimistic for him to accomplish this all, configure the MoVI, and then go out on a job with it.

First he needs to download an application to unzip a compressed file on the Android tablet: For example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.winzip.android&hl=en (Start up the Play store and search for winzip -- then download it and it will automatically install.)

Then he needs to use Google Chrome to go to www.freeflysystems.com and download the FF Configuration app -- this comes in the form of a compress zip file (which can be uncompressed by winzip installed in the previous step).

So he needs to start up Chrome, enter freeflysystems.com -- he may need to tap on the small icon with three horizontal lines at the top left-hand corner of the screen if he is just presented with videos to play. That will bring up the various sections of the web site.

Then select Support Software and Manuals.

Then he needs to download the zip file that is the configurator app from here: http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals/ (scroll down and download the file identified as: ANDROID – MōVI GUI (CONFIGURATOR) V1.552

Tap on the downward arrow icon to download it. He will then be asked whether he wants to install the Freefly Configurator. Tap on Install -- he should then see a screen that says, "App installed." Tap on Open and the Configurator App will start up.

Then he needs to "pair" (match up) the Android device with the Bluetooth Connection on the MoVI. How he does that will depend on the Android tablet he's using so I can't really help as I don't know that (I only have a Nexus 7).

But, once he's done that then he needs to use the Configurator app as described in the documentation to set up the MoVI.

Hope this helps
    Andy.

11. Jose Luis Ocejo

thanks Andy im the friend i did it with a desktop mac and it work for now I will download on a mac laptop and tune the movi latter with out the time pressure i will deal with the android
    thanks Andy you are always super helpful

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Jose:
    Glad to hear you got it working. What you may wish to do is to "Watch" the Announcements Section so that you get emails every time there is a new posting.

Had you done this, you should have seen this posting back on July 15, 2014: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/new-mōvi-firmware.4876/

It meets your requirements: bold letters. And in tasteful red and blue font, as well! :)
    Andy.

13. Jose Luis Ocejo

Thanks Andy I will

14. Leopoldo Tamargo