/dist/images/branding/favicon

Amimon Connex integrated with Movi Controller?

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Derek Cooper, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Jan Evers

Jan Evers New Member

Hey,

It might work if you use the auxiliary data port, but there might be problems on the back channel in receiving the telemetry from the movi and adjust its settings...
    But nevertheless it would be better to have a good working MC than a workaround.
    What about replacing the XBee pro module by a more reliable one?

2. Bo Kostelac

Bo Kostelac New Member

Any updates on this? The range on the Movi controller is ridiculous. Especially considering tiny little DJI phantoms can relatively easily go around a mile.

3. Even Sigstad

Even Sigstad New Member

Hi Bo, there is workarounds that will give your Controller good enough range for most situations (aerial work up to 500 m line of sight). With a WiFi booster and a longer RX antenna on the Movi I don't have any problems with range. Its an easy fix. Ready the thread about extending Movi Controller range. Good luck!

Even

4. Adam Orens

Adam Orens Member

Really think that the range is a hardware shortfall. :(

That being said. PPM signaling is pretty simple and transcoding devices already exist in the RC model industry.:D

We need to find out the output format from the first blackbox on the MIMIC going to the second box - RF transmitter. Most transmitters are very simple using PPM or PWM.

I will try to talk to one of my friends to map the outputs on an oscilloscope.

5. Adam Orens

Adam Orens Member

The Connex SBUS is going to be the magic bullet. Eliminate the issues with the 2.4 gig band with all the background noise, pilots radio, and everything else. keep it up with the connex in the 5.8 band.

6. Todd Hillhouse

Todd Hillhouse New Member

I have a infrared camera that I would like to control using the Movi Controller. I wonder if it would be possible to have a custom menu or map the controller to use the sbus on connex. I can use other tx to control the infrared but the capability to use the contoller with full gimbal control would be amazing. Lot of possibilities.

7. Leopoldo Tamargo

I would as well, given that it was sold as having the that airborne application in mind. The range simply isn't there currently. Any help in this regard would be welcomed. Very happy with almost everything else. Thank you.