/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta Update

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Gary Haynes, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Gary, I'm stuck at waiting for connection, I believe the 3rd or 4th screen of the update? Been sitting there for 10 minutes.

3. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Chris I haven't had a chance to try it. Probably tomorrow. Send a ticket to support. Are you using Android or iOS?

4. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

iOS. I'm late for a shoot of course... lol Wonder if I can go backwards with my Alta app...

5. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

SOLVED: It's something we have to deal with right now, and it's an iOS issue. If there is a wifi network your phone knows and has saved, it WILL connect to it mid way through the update. The Alta shuts down mid update to reboot, thus disconnecting from your phone. your phone then reconnects to the wifi available just fast enough for the app to not reconnect.

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Chris I just did the update on mine. I am in a heavy WiFi environment, lots of connection points. Did it on an iPad. Took screen shots of all my setup screens, did a manual backup.

Started the process, saved another backup and hit start. Ran flawlessly through the updates. At the end it does ask for the Alta to be restarted.

I didn't get any reboot during the process. Maybe something else happened during your try at upgrading. If you did from a phone maybe it received a text message or some other signal that interrupted the process?

Good question for Freefly Support.

7. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I did my update in the field with my iPhone so there were no other wifi networks nearby, and it worked flawlessly. But I could definitely see how losing the wifi when the ALTA reboots itself could be an issue.

8. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Gary and Steve, yes we finally got it to work by reconnecting to Alta mid update. All is well now.

Steve, I miss the days I lived close to nature.... Could pack up and be totally isolated in 3 minutes! I live in suburbia now, but with a 25-30 minute drive could be out of civilization. And it's a pretty good view: cottonwood.jpeg

9. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Did any one have problem with the new firmware? I tent to wait with updating to see if everything is ok... (Coming for DJI stuff. :))

10. Dylan Glockler

Are people removing the propellors before doing the update as indicated on pg 103 of the flight manual? If it says in the manual, should follow instructions to the letter... no? yes?

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member