/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta App not getting data

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Mike Reid, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with their alta apps connecting and reading data. I can connect to the wifi on my alta 6, and 1 out of every 15 times I will get all of my info from it and be able to make change to the settings, but most of the time I get no info other than 0.0V. I still get the correct readout from my OSD, all info appears correctly on there, but obviously that doesn't help me out with changing settings.

Thanks for any help you have before I submit a ticket.

2. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

I forgot to add that I have tried using 2 different android devices, a nexus 5 and an Nvidia shield running the latest OS and alta apps. I am going to find an iphone this afternoon and try with it too.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That does seem to suggest that the issue might be the Wifi on the ALTA, doesn't it Mike. But please post when you have the results from the iPhone.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

I have a solution, but I am not sure why it worked. I hooked up to it with an iphone 6, moved through the settings and disconnected, after that I have no issues reconnecting to it using any of my android devices.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I have noticed that occasionally, if an Apple device is paired to a MōVI, I have to disconnect from that MōVI before I can connect to a different MōVI; but I've not seen it happen repeatably enough to be able construct a reproducible test case.

But it sounds like you may have found some kind of workaround....
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert