/dist/images/branding/favicon

ALTA 8 Sensors

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Alan Kwok, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Alan Kwok

Alan Kwok New Member

Just got interested by the design of ALTA 8. Is there any optical flow for indoor positing holding? Does it use Lidar or ultrasonic sensors for low altitude height holding? If there is any, where are they located?Many thanks if anyone can shed light on this :)

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Alan welcome to the forums. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

There are not sensors like the ones you describe built into the Alta 8.

3. Alan Kwok

Alan Kwok New Member

Yes I like to use real name to maintain professionalism. Actually have been already using my real first name and now I have added my real last name as my username. Thanks for the reminder anyway.
    Regarding low altitude height holding and indoor position holding, what sensors do Alta 8 or Alta 6 is using?

4. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Baro sensor for ALT hold. That and your eyes and brain for position hold indoors...

Josh

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Alan: There is no optical flow system on the ALTA's.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert