/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta 8 pro Crash

Discussion in 'ALTA 8 Pro' started by Alberto matulaitis, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Alberto matulaitis

Alberto matulaitis New Member

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Alberto: Can you give us any visual description of what happened at about 1:40 into the flight.
    There appears to be an divergence in the Acceleration Power Spectral Density plot that suggests something might be vibrating at around 0:50, and again at 1:30 just before the impact that looks like it happened at 1:35 if I'm interpreting the Raw Angular Speed/Acceleration correctly.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Alberto matulaitis

Alberto matulaitis New Member

After takeoff less than 30seconds into flight i lost all controll over the drone.

The drone than kept in a hover and slowly started drifting toward a building.

I then tried all options by cycling through the flight modes. Manual mode, atti gps then back to manual twice. With no luck in regaining control.

Walking closer to drone as it was less than 50m away from me. Checking futaba battery voltage, antenna and switch positions. I knew i had tried all options and was left to try the emergency kill switch

I hit the kill switch on and off for a brief moment. Killing the motors and restarting it. The drone dropped abit out the sky and then regained flight. Slowly drifting toward building

As it got very close to hitting the building i then used the kill switch a second time switching it on and off. Th drone then dropped out the sky and could not start flying again before hitting the ground.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks, Alberto.
    From the log files I can see you may have tried to use Return to Launch about 00:08, 00:22, 00:39, and 00:44.
    I can also see that you engaged the Kill switch at 00:52 (off at 00:52) and at 01:34 (off at 1:35).

It terms of flight modes, via QMissionControl, it looks like you started out in Manual, went to Altitude around 0:22, and then to Loiter at 00:40. Was someone running QMissionControl while you were flying?

Thanks
    Andy
    ALTA 8 crash Alberto Matulaitis.png

5. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Im no expert on the Alta 8 pro but i was told the by freefly the compass is used and cant be turned off, By the looks of the photo i where you took off from i think also magnetic interference could come into play here. manual mode maybe would be fine then turned into loiter mode which caused it to go crazy.

Mircokopter boards are well know for this if the compass is turned on, ask me how i know lol.