/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta 8 GPS FIX

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Humberto Barchini, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Humberto Barchini

I have flown the alta8 for around 6 month now, never a problem... but lately it don´t have a GPS fix... 7 to 9 satellites but don´t fix... I leave it on for about 5 to 10 min... but it only fix when I take off after a few meters...

The same problem flying in dense interference or fare away in a flied with nothing than crops around...

Any one experimenting the same problem? some fix?

PS: latest firmware, compass of, calibrated...

thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Check that the GPS antenna is making good contact, Humberto -- unscrew it a bit and then screw it back down -- don't over tighten it. If that doesn't fix it then you'll need to email to support@freeflysystems.com, I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  3. Humberto Barchini

That was the first thing I check... and it was ok... I will try to switch the antena with the Alta6 and see what happens... if the problem is solved, then I buy I new one... if not... you know "support@freeflysystems.com"

Thanks Andy!

4. Humberto Barchini

Already switched the antennas... same problem... sending a mail to support now...

Very strange I take the alta6 to the same spots and no problem...

5. Humberto Barchini

Ok just to close... contacted with Adam at FF Support... they are sending me a new GPS... and it is full covered by the guarantee...(all these resolved in 6 mails in 4 hours)

Thanks FF!!!! GREAT SUPPORT!!!

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for posting Humberto -- and let us know if the new GPS unit solves the problem. I'm only a volunteer (and not an FF employee), but it's good to hear of FF's continued level of excellent support.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  7. Humberto Barchini

I´m tempted of swapping mi Alta6 GPS with the 8.... I ask that and the answer was... "you can do that but... it is no recommended" :( so... maybe I will try just to test and no fly (hehehehehe)