/dist/images/branding/favicon

ALTA 6 Won't Boot after upgrading to 4.0.4!!!

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Josh Lambeth, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,
    Left a call with support but I need help ASAP! I am supposed to go test with people today in an hour.

Anyway updated to the new 4.0.4 firmware and now I get a FAIL message under boot status and a fast blinking red status led. Terminal shows error-code 4. I tried reverting back to previous firmware and it still won't boot.

If I try to go to the configuration settings everything is blacked out and I can't make any changes. Under the radio tab nothing shows as being received from the Tx.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Josh

2. Josh Lambeth

Got it working. Appears there may be a bug in the Android app. I was able to connect to the ALTA with my ipad and start the compass calibration and thus allowing it to boot properly.

Now off to go test.

Josh

Roberto Garcia likes this.
  3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Josh:
    Sorry I couldn't respond until it was safely too late for you!

Thanks for posting again, though. It will help others in same predicament. Did you report the bug to FF?
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Josh Lambeth

Yes and late last night my android app updated itself so it looks like it may have been fixed already.

Josh

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not often that bugs in software fix themselves....but thanks for posting that info! :)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert