/dist/images/branding/favicon

ALTA 6 doesn't ARM - Status goes to PRE-ARM or back to ALIVE

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Klaus Friedrich, Jan 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Klaus Friedrich

I upgraded to FW 4.04, rebooted and all parameters are green. When arming the ALTA the status goes to PRE-ARM and not to ARM.
    Can't get my engines to start as the status won't change to ARM.

I don't find any information in the manual or in the forum about this status. Didn't had this before. Didn't change any configuration apart from upgrading to FW 4.04.

So I don't know where the problem is. There is no warning or any other errors.

Any idea?

PS. And of course the ALTA is in Manual Mode, and the Home Switch is set to RTH Off - verified through the App. And no DISARM switch defined, means DISARM not used

#1 Klaus Friedrich, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

Klaus, I had to make a new control setup in my 14SG for some reason. All switches were working according to the app but it would not arm either.

Give that a shot and it should work for you.

Also, just as a check, take a look at your SD card in the GPS antenna. Pop it out and put it back in. I had that issue once too.

3. Klaus Friedrich

Many thanks Mike, it seems it was the SD card in the GPS antenna. Very strange behavior

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That's interesting Klaus -- had you recently removed and reinserted the SD card (perhaps to copy a flight log from it), or did this problem just develop spontaneously?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Klaus Friedrich

Sorry for my late reply. No I haven't removed the SD card, but I didn't fly for about 3 months. It happened spontaneously. But since I reinserted the SD card I didn't see this problem again.