/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alexa Mini / Arri Ultra Prime LDS bug?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Caleb des Cognets, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Caleb des Cognets

Caleb des Cognets New Member

Hey guys,

Having a bit of an issue with a movi build right now. I have an Alexa mini with Arri ultra Primes with LDS that won’t power on via the movi pro sled—the power button led just blinks on and off likes it’s attempting to power itself but fails. Yes we’re plugged into the 12-14v camera p-tap port. I’ve tried varying movi batteries and power cables with no luck. We tried master Primes thinking the newer ultra prime lds lenses were somehow overloading the system but those didn’t work. We were on beta firmware version 1.5 and i reverted down a version but that also had no effect. The camera powers on just fine with the lens attached with alexa power to p tap cable plugged directly into a v mount battery. When i have the camera powered via the movi pro and i took the lens off, the camera powered on as normal and only when i reattached the lens did the camera turn back off. The only thing we haven’t tried was switching out the camera or the movi pro. We’ve seen plenty of other people fly master Primes so we’re pulling our hair out over here trying to diagnose this issue.

Hope to hear from someone,
    Caleb

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I want to say I've heard of this before on the forum a while back. Did you try taping over the lens contacts for the LDS? Or turn it off in the Arri's menu?

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

4. Caleb des Cognets

Caleb des Cognets New Member

Graham Futerfas likes this.