/dist/images/branding/favicon

Akira update "Handshaking FAILED"

Discussion in 'Software Solutions' started by Cisco McCarthy, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Cisco McCarthy

Cisco McCarthy New Member

I am trying to upgrade to the Akira firmware and I keep getting "Handshaking Failed". I am connected via Bluetooth. The configurator app is showing "Connected" but I am getting no readings in the app. The Movi is unresponsive at the moment, basically hanging limp. The wireless light is the only light that is on. It is blinking, staying on for about 5 sec then off for 1. The three lights on the back are not on, even though it has a fresh battery. Updating on a Win10 Surface and Movi M15. Need help fast as we have a shoot in a few days.

Thanks!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Cisco have you used the Win10 Surface before? Do you have access to another device?

3. Cisco McCarthy

I was able to track down the jumper cable and got it back online as well as the firmware updated. The Win10 Surface worked as far as getting it updated too

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Cisco: Did you figure out, after the event, so to speak, what might have gone wrong?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Cisco McCarthy

No idea. But I was seeing that "bricking" was happening to other people that attempted the update. I was able to locate the microscopic "jumper cable" that comes with the Movi (seriously, blink and you will miss it, its tiny). Followed the instructions on where to plug it in and that woke it back up and got the update loaded. Pretty scary when you go to update and it breaks your $10,000 piece of equipment.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, that jumper cable is so small that I've tied a brick to it. Well, actually, it's a metal ring with a label attached.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert