/dist/images/branding/favicon

Akira: pan drift M5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Rob Macey, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Rob Macey

Rob Macey New Member

Hi,

Just loaded up 5.02 Akira and the M5 does ultra slow pans on it's own. It won't track straight. It's as if it's in timelapse mode all the time. I've flashed the firmware 3x but no change.

I've set the remote rate scale to 3 and added smoothing in majestic to try out a movilapse, but it wants to slowly pan right.

I've tried heading assist to compass and off, but no change.

Anyone else find this?
    Thank you

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Rob:
    Did you reload the configuration that you saved before installing the upgrade, please? It's not 100% clear from your posting whether you did or not.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Rob Macey

Rob Macey New Member

Hi Andy,

I started with the default settings on the 5.02 firmware. I didn't use earlier settings. I went to 5.01 and interestingly, the pan drifting stopped.
    Andy

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm. That's puzzling.

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Rob Macey

Rob Macey New Member

Same. So, I went back to 5.02 just to make sure and the pan drift was still there when the remote scale rate was set to 4, or any number, for a movi lapse. Went back again to 5.01 and the slow pan drift was gone.

Also weird, I noticed that in 5.02 when I hit "clear" on the timelapse page, the movi would spin back to a random spot even though no timelapse settings were chosen and I wasn't using the timelapse feature.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I think what your finding merits opening up a support ticket with FF (at support@freeflysystems.com).

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

7. Notinumi8

Notinumi8 New Member

#7 Notinumi8, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Notinumi8, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Thanks
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™