/dist/images/branding/favicon

Akira firmware 5.0.2

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Tuukka Ylonen, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Hi

Tried to google must did not find any info. What´s new in Akira 5.0.2 compared to 5.0.1?

Btw is it possible to downgrade the MoVI firmware to 4.0.2 via the V2.1 iOS app? The older app is not available in the app store anymore.

Attached Files:

2. Tuukka,
    The only difference between 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 is a simple WiFi compatibility update. Not enough of a change for us to apply that in a new release note, since it does not apply to all M15's.

You cannot use AKIRA config app with MoVI firmware 4.02. 4.02 is no longer available.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at support@freeflysystems.com

3. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Hi

Does this mean there is no way to downgrade back to fw 4.0.2? This is not desirable as I have quite big firmware related problems with Akira and so does my friends/colleagues who are MoVI users.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Chris, did I hear correctly that new M15's are shipping with Wifi? Someone else on this board posted that in another thread, but it's not on the store's site.

5. You do not see it on the online store, because it is not a separate item you can purchase on the online store, because the WiFi is embedded into the MoVI GCU, replacing the embedded Bluetooth.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  6. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Will do. For example my M10 that worked nicely on my drone with autotune became a horribly jittery thing with nothing else altered than the firmware. And as told, my colleagues at a pro camera rental house still use the older fw thanks to similar problems.

7. Dylan Glockler

Had similar issues right after update - but was able to resolve by making sure heading assist is turned off (under general: expert) and adjusting the filter under Tune.

Similar thread: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...-properly-after-akira-update.8351/#post-72881

8. Yuki Noguchi

Yuki Noguchi New Member

How do I know if I have Wifi embeded or not? I bought my M15 during the flash sale this year few months back. LMK.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yuki: You may have to email to support@freeflysystems.com and tell them the serial number of the M15 and ask.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert