/dist/images/branding/favicon

Aerial Mimic?

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Larkin Carey, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Yes, you will need to update firmware on both the MōVI and the MIMIC, but it is not the same firmware file. MōVI is 5.0, MIMIC is 1.4.

You will also need to be running the latest beta apps, which are available for download further down the beta software page.

Benoit REGORD likes this.
  2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

That's correct, you need to update the Movi to Firmware version 5, and the Mimic to version 1.4. And the App needs to be updated as well on your Android or Mac or iPhone.

http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals/beta/software-by-product

Updating the Mimic isn't hard but you need to connect your App to it via bluetooth, and for some reason that took a minute to figure out. I had to go into my Bluetooth settings on the tablet first, Pair with the Mimic (keep the Movi off), and then connect to the Mimic in the Movi App.

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  3. Benoit REGORD

Benoit REGORD New Member

Thank you guys.
    By upgrading to Akira, do i loose the mapping of my RC or will It remain the same as before upgrading ?

4. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Upgrading the firmware will set your MōVI to default values. Default values for radio mapping are our standard mapping for Spektrum radios.

If you have mapped a different controller, or otherwise customized the mapping, you should save the settings (which allows you to name the file and save it to your phone/tablet/computer) before updating your firmware. I also recommend writing down the channels so that you can reassign the channels manually if need be.

EDIT: order of operations

5. Paul Christopher Greene

Well that is progress but still nothing like the switch to Majestic we've all been begging for lol...
    Progress not perfection I guess :)