/dist/images/branding/favicon

Additional Batteries...

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Tim Tyson, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Tim Tyson

Tim Tyson New Member

I think I'm correct: Movi doesn't sell additional batteries yet. I like carrying an additional, fully-charged set of batteries when I shoot. I don't want to damage my CR, my phone, or myself with some "battery incident."

The batteries in the CR appear to be 18650 Li-ion, 2000mAh, 3.7V batteries. Don't see those on Amazon. The ones I find are linked below:

Panasonic NCR18650B Super Max Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, Flat Top Green, 3.7V 3400mAh or
    Samsung INR18650-25R 18650 2500mAh 3.6v Rechargeable Flat Top Batteries.

Will those work properly, does anyone know where to find the ones in the CR, or should I abandon my backup battery idea?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I've tested these -- albeit on a limited basis. They seem to work fine.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B077G9Y8B4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Tim Tyson

Tim Tyson New Member

Thx!

4. Steve Huether

Steve Huether Member

I was thinking about getting a spare set as well. Though after being on vacation last week, I'm not sure I'd need it except for long shoots. I used the Movi a lot and only charged it twice during the week. And even then it was above 50% when I charged it. I'm impressed how long it lasts. Of note, I was using it just with my iPhone X, no lens or counter weight installed, I'm sure it will burn more battery with more weight.