/dist/images/branding/favicon

Accessories Update

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Denise Fitzgerald, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Be very, very careful. If you add even the smallest amount of weight to the tips, unless they're balanced, the moment arm will amplify the effect and cause major vibration. That crumpling noise you will hear is the props self-destructing and your warranty expiring. :eek:

Andy.

2. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

I ask FF
    Jose,
    Thank you for contacting Freefly Technical Support. I understand your interest in just buying the parts you need to convert your existing MR kit over to an Aero kit. However, we only have the volume of parts to make complete kits at this time.
    If this changes in the future, we would offer the legs and machined parts in our store as an item.
    Thank you,
    Bryan
    Technical Support Engineer

3. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Roger,

Im not Mr Freefly, but the white tip props were 1 - 2 % less efficient so we canned them. Valuable flight time to be gained!

You can certainly paint your own if you like, just make sure to balance the blades after painting

Tabb

Dimitar Krustev likes this.
  4. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up. We chose to price the full Aero kit at the same cost we normally would have priced just the machined parts and 15mm tubes (we set a much lower margin on this product)

The benefit for us is that we dont have to manage another part number that only has a short lifespan (only people with existing gimbals need this option)

If you have not managed thousands of part no's, I don't expect you to understand the decision. We try to add part numbers only when needed to keep things simple.

Hope that helps

Tabb