/dist/images/branding/favicon

a7sii, a7rii, or a6300 for low light event on movi attached to jib (no focus puller)

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Matt Chri, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Matt Chri

Matt Chri New Member

Have an event coming up in April in a theater where there will be a speaker and/or band on stage. I want to use a 9' reach jib and mount the Movi m5 to it and get shots of the speaker and crowd separately as well as shots transitioning from the speaker to the crowd. I will be using a mimic with a monitor and paralinx wireless video and will have someone else operating the jib but won't have anyone focus pulling (not enough crew members or budget on this project). Will probably be using the Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens, and hope that the Movi m5 motors can take the challenge of the weight shift when I zoom between shots (if necessary) without rebalancing.

I can't decide which camera to use-- the a7sii, the a7rii, or the a6300? Therefore I'm thinking autofocus might be the best route since I can't focus pull.

My conundrum: the low light sensitivity probably needed for the crowd as well as the autofocus needed since no focus puller... The a7sii is the best in low light, the a7rii is pretty solid at low light but has better AF than the a7sii, and the a6300 has the best AF of them all but the worst low light of them all...

Thoughts? I could also perhaps rent something but it has to weigh under 5 for the m5 to support it obviously. The other 5 cameras for the event are all Sony too so I was hoping to keep the look consistent but if you think something else would be awesome, I'd love to hear.

Thanks!
    -Matt