/dist/images/branding/favicon

A Much Better Way To Control Pan And Tilt

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Carey Lee Coffey, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Carey Lee Coffey

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Carey that looks like something similar that was being promoted by David Kellermann over on Reduser. Don't you think the loss of portability and costs would be a factor against the flexibility of the current setup?

3. Carey Lee Coffey

Yes, I agree with you. I'm only speculating based on what I've seen and heard. I have no idea how a joystick controller compares. If the joystick works just as well, then the portability makes it a better choice in many ways. But I heard it has a learning curve. The tripod solution is more intuitive for cinematographers or camera ops to jump on and start using with zero practice. That would be very valuable on a professional set.

4. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

5. David Kellermann

I posted also here on the forum about my project. We will ship the first test units in early December. Write me, if you would like to get one to try it out.

"Pan Bar" style remote control for gimbals

I met the developers of the myRemote at IBC. Great guys! Afaik it's not working with the MoVI, since it's not supporting s.bus, but it's a great addition to other controller board based gimbals (they showed it using with two AlexMos boards).

6. Carey Lee Coffey

I want one. How much?

7. David Kellermann

The MYT Works Satin based remote controller will cost ~4500USD to 5000USD, but there will be a group buy with a ~50% discount. For the group buy, we will probably need a rather large group to make such a huge discount possible.

8. Carey Lee Coffey