/dist/images/branding/favicon

A few requests (Pixel 3 XL, Pixel XL)

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App (Android)' started by Pawel Kunstman, May 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Pawel Kunstman

Pawel Kunstman New Member

Hi,
    I use Movi Robot for a few months already and while I generally like the current functionality, I have a few requests which would make my life better :)

1. Please add an option to switch the phone to a do-not-disturb mode when filming.
    I constantly face problems with notifications while filming (sound is a problem, but vibrations are even worse). Of course, one can enter the DnD mode manually, but it is not only an additional thing to remember, but also is a real nuisance when filming for many hours a day like I usually do (a lot of short clips).

2. I wish it was possible to create on-screen preset buttons (3 for instance), defining such parameters as resolution and framerate (I usually film only in 1080p/30, 1080p/60 and 4k/30), camera (front, back, panorama etc.) with a single click.

3. Both my Pixel phones have a problem with a few shaky seconds at the start of the movie and from what I read some other users reported similar issues. It would be great to be able to define a delay after which the actual saving of the movie starts. I would set it to 2 or 3 seconds, which would save me a lot of trimming in post-production.

4. I wish it was possible to take still photos when not filming, preferably also with one of the HW buttons. I often do that, but it requires me to switch between the Movi app and the Google Camera (which is tricky when the camera is in the Robot). It would be so much easier if I could take the pictures directly in the Movi app!.
    Alternatively (although it would be less easy to use), maybe you could open the stock photo app when clicking a button, just like you do with the photo gallery!

5. I wish it was possible to map the hardware buttons to selected functions. For instance, I rarely use the exposition settings, and I would be happy if I could map them to the presets (2 above) or to switch to the stock camera app.

6. As an extension for [4] I wish the photo-taking option was triggered by a long-press of the main film button (the one with the circle).