/dist/images/branding/favicon

3axis single operator pan.

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Jei Swan, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

Ok just curious is it possible to run the pan in a single operator 3 axis set up. just watched and was curious.

I dont fly with the carefree option on so i do have a free channel available. The video did answer my question about being able to control 2 receivers with one transmitter (heli on one gimbal on another).

Im not looking at doing any thing fancy this would only be for stationary photography at an altitude, I ma also trying this as an option to see if upgrading to a 3axis gimbal will minimize the hiccup shakes i get while shooting video because the cam/gimbal can move left and right.

on another note since i have been messing around trying to get this gimbal balanced and the dampeners i have stripped the heads of these (i feel cheap) screws. which has left me stalled. does any one have any suggestions for better replacement parts/some thing to make my life easier having to cut bolts off now about every time i am doing adjustments.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jei can you be more specific on what screws got stripped? If you are talking about the screws that co in the HEX nuts on the vibration dampers then there is a kit of spares available from your dealer.

3. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

cause im working on the dampeners yeah the hex nuts have been stripped. but i know and have gotten the m4 size at my local hardware store. but its also the bolts that are used on the gimbal.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jei hope it was a typo but I don't know of any M4 items on a Cinestar. Everything is M3.

5. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

yeah that was a typo

6. Ryan J. Rowe

Ryan J. Rowe Member

Something tells me that even if you have a free channel because you are not using Carefree that you will still not be able to control pan and tilt from single Tx. I'll have to revisit my notes, but I remember thinking that it is not possible for some reason. I'll look into it and get back to you.

I don't have the experience that many in this forum have, but personally I would not like flying solo while trying to deal with the pan axis at the same time. I like having the camera forward at all times. We all have different likes and dislikes when flying, but for me it's easier to just pan the whole copter flying solo. If I need to compose for stationary photography at an altitude I just hit the AH and GPS Hold then spin and compose my stills. This works good for 360 panos.

Not sure if you will see any benefit when it comes to your hiccup shakes by upgrading to the 3-axis. I would say no, but maybe others can offer alternative opinions on that.