/dist/images/branding/favicon

3axis Gimbal and Canon 550

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Pavlos Antoniou, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Pavlos Antoniou

Now i calm again :):) i w8 for Tabb

Thank you :):)

2. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

PaNt,
    The Tilt bar being parallel is just for a initial setup, at least I've been flying for a year and my setup was never parallel. It's always a little to the back.
    You can change the vertical boom, no problem, the only 2 downsides are. Fewer space between your camera and the ground and a little bigger pendulum effect as the Center of Gravity will be a little more distant from the Cinestar Frame.
    I think I finally understand the problem. You have a heavy lens and you had to move the camera to the very back of the gimbal and by doing this it hits the gimbal when you tilt it down. Am I right? If this is the case a longer boom or tube is the answer. If you are going to fly a lot with this config (Camera / Lens) think about adding the Landing Gear Extensions (http://www.quadrocopter.com/CineStar-Landing-Gear-Extender_p_519.html).
    Good luck.

3. Pavlos Antoniou

Yeap exactly thats it but as you on the video i did it..
    Now its ok.. I am thinking to put the longer vertical boom or not???
    With the longer boom i can tilt a little more up... What do you think??

4. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

You have to consider if you can tilt the camera DOWN. If you need the longer boom for that, change it. Normally you don't need to tilt up as the 1st boom will appear on video.

5. Pavlos Antoniou

I can tilt down woth no probs.. I put 4 x6mm standoffs to the camera plate and the things now are better..:):)