/dist/images/branding/favicon

360 degree panorama request

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Angus Benson-Blair, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Dear All,

I sent in a feature request to Freefly who have responded, as alwyas, promptly and very reasonably. Below this I have given both my request and their response so what I am really saying is that if anyone agrees with my request, could they ping in something similar to support@freeflysystems.com so that this stands a chance of being implemented. Clearly if no one agrees that's fair call but I think a 360 panorama automated feature would be excellent on the Movi. As a side note, I can currently get about 4 different heights completed per flight but such an automated feature would mean I could almost get a whole building done in one flight (clients often want panos from various different floors per building).

My original email:

Dear Sir or Madam,

One of the jobs that many of us do is panoramic photos of views from buildings or from whatever. The current process involves flying up to the height required taking a photo, panning left or right for an approx overlap, taking another photo and repeating until a full 360 degrees has been achieved. The photos are then stitched together to provide a full 360 pano shot (stills of course, not video). Doing this manually takes time and the aircraft of course will move a bit during this time and often contractors need panos from various heights. Given that the movi has a compass capability would it be possible whereby on the selection of a switch i.e. A channel on the remote, that the movi quickly pans 360 degrees and triggers a photo every x degrees as defined by the user? This would be a really useful function for the Movi in the airbourne roll and I think you would be surprised and the number of us doing this sort of work (at least here in the UK). This would strike me as being a fairly simple firmware update which would add a great extra function to an already excellent piece of kit. Very happy to chat this through with you on the number below if you need to know more. Many thanks.

Yours aye,

Angus

The response:

Angus.
    Thank you for contacting Freefly and MoVI tech support. We appreciate any and all feedback. I would be happy to add your feature request to the list. Please understand that we unfortunately cannot accommodate every feature request. There are a number of factors involved when deciding on what to dedicate resources to, especially when deciding on what to add as as feature in the config app and/or firmware.

One of those factors is the amount of requests we get for a specific feature. Unfortunately you are the only one that has come to us with this custom request, so we can't make any promises that it will ever be implemented.

We apologize fro any inconvenience.

Best regards,

2. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

This is Photoship One's take on 360 panos.

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

yeah this feature would be very handy, we do alot 360 panorama shoots in japan also. We use the old radian/servo set-up because it lighter and we get longer flight times but if it was implemented i would use it!

4. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

That would be handy.