/dist/images/branding/favicon

3 Axis Gimbal FC Update problems

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Patrick Weeden, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Patrick Weeden

Hey guys

I just updates my gimbal FC (to 2.02) and now am getting FC:97 PC:95 errors . Does anyone have any recommendations to fix this? I was going to take it back to version 1.80 but I can't seem to find the file anymore (disappeared from the Kopter tool V1.80 file?)

Please let me know the next step to take to restore my settings, as soon as I updated, the gimbal gave 2 short beeps and started to spin/yaw quite quickly and I no longer have control with the tx (will need to rebind)

I just want to clear this up before i update the copter FC.

Thanks in advance

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

When you say, "take it back to 1.80," I presume you mean MK Tool, right?
    If so, email me at ajohnsonlaird@me.com and I'll send you a Zip file for MK Tool 1.80b.

Andy.

Patrick Weeden likes this.
  3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Patrick:
    In MK Tool, when you click on the Firmware update & Terminal button, and then click on the small magnifying class, you should see a whole bunch of tabs in the middle of the window that then opens.

Check out http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/SoftwareDownload

This describes how to download all the different versions. I don't have my MK copter set up right now so I can't double check, but you should see all the version numbers you there under the appropriate tabs.

Also, if you get an update failed, there is an alternative procedure for getting around this.

Andy.

4. Patrick Weeden

Thanks Andy, This is what I did and it allowed me to update successfully, however, I'm still getting the errors on MK tools (Please update firmware and FC97 PC95.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I would download the latest MK Tool, and then, with the MK USB Adapter cable connected to the Flight Control board, update it to the latest firmware, then connect the MK USB Adapter cable to the Navigational Control board and update that.

You can do this updating even when there is a version number mismatch in MK Tool.

Hope this helps
    Andy.

6. Patrick Weeden

Hi Andy

That is the process I followed and the update has been successfully completed however, MK Tool keeps requesting the firmware update whenever I go into settings. Additionally, I transfered my flight logs of the micro SD and now the it is not logging any data (any suggestions on how to reset this or fix it?)

Also, something very strange happened, Motors 1, 3, 5 and 7 were running very hot (to the touch) and that is what prompted me to check the logs and that is when I discovered it has not been logging anything since the update/removal of old logs. It is quite bizarre as the 4 alternating motors were cool (normal) in comparison where the others were twice as hot, if not hotter. I'm a bit lost at this stage.

Pat

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Pat: When you did the latest upgrade did you delete the SETTINGS.INI file from the microSD card? It will be re-created when you first "fly" -- I put "fly" in quotes because, if you remove the props, you can start the motors and advance the throttle to about mid-point and the NC board will start creating a log file -- it reasons that at that throttle setting the copter is flying.

What versions of software firmware are you running for (a) MK Tool, (b) the flight control board and (c) the navigational control board?

I'm not sure what would be causing the odd numbered motors to run hot -- but usually the problem is that one of the clockwise motors is out of alignment (it is not vertical) and it will be imparting a yaw motion to the copter that the odd numbered motors are having to overcome. To check the motors are vertical, from about two feet beyond the end of a boom, look alongside the motor bell toward the post that support the battery plate and eyeball whether the side of the motor is parallel to the post.

Andy

8. Patrick Weeden

Hi Andy

Navi control board is HW V2.0, SW V0.28m
    FC Board (Gimbal) is V0.86d (I just dropped it back to this to see if it would work)
    MKtool is 1.78d

Still having problems with the gimbal FC board, and now getting (No communication with FC - Error 3) when I plug into the Navi board.

I think I am getting a little lost with all of the different versions, Should I start fresh and update all of the boards to the latest firmware and then get the latest MK tool version? Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Patrick

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah...I would start over, upgrade everything to the latest version and then we can start knocking down the specific problems (if any) one-by-one.

Andy.

10. Patrick Weeden

Thanks Andy

Should I update in any specific order? I am not sure if the latest FC version (Flight-Ctrl_MEGA1284p_V2_02a) can be used on the FC for the gimbal, I rmember a few versions ago that there was a specific gimbal FC only update?

I will download and update the Navi, copter FC and then the gimbal and see what I come up with.

Regards

Pat

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm.. I would not update the FC for the gimbal unless you're absolutely sure it's the correct version.
    For the others, I'd do Copter FC, and then the Navi. Just personal preference.

Andy.