/dist/images/branding/favicon

3.08 not booting - random?

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Jason Toth, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Hi all, just updated to 3.08. All went well but now noticing that it does not boot all the time. Getting 3 flashing lights, connect to the Configurator and it give me fails on GPS, Compass.

Reboot and reconnect to the Configurator, take 2 times each and then the Movi works. Then disconnect from the Configurator, if I turn off immediately and turn on it boots. Then if turn off again, wait a few minutes and turn on, the darn thing doesn't work again - 3 flashes and have to keep rebooting/reconnecting.

Any suggestions?
    Thx, J

2. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

Hi Jason,
    This happens to me quite a lot. Seems to me that if there is any movement in the gimbal at start up, even a small gentle swing in it's stand it will not boot but after I've steadied it it is fine. This is the same as most gimbal systems I think. Hope that helps.
    Pete

3. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Thanks Pete. Never had it happen before on previous firmware. Now on 3.08 it happening all the time even w/ being stable. Going to reflash 3.08 later today & see if it solves it?

4. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Also try enabling motion booting.

5. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Yeah was just looking at that :) Like i said above, just weird its never been an issue. Now it is after 3.08 even if there is zero movement? Re-flashing later today and hope it corrects its self. Thx, J

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member