/dist/images/branding/favicon

2 Cameras on M5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Gary Hilgemann, May 16, 2015.

1. Gary Hilgemann

Gary Hilgemann New Member

Hi guys,

we developed for a customer a wireless fullHD digital block HD zoom camera solution. As we build several projects of this kind of apps in the past, the movi´s garants a stable and easy setup. Even in 30x optical zoom, the stable ness was awesome. Our customer use this solution with their UAV for filming animals from several hundrets of feeds away in the air.

Now, we have the order to add a real 640x480 infrared camera in the same m5 gimbal, so that want to switch from zoom to infrared in the air. From the space in the mount / cage, everything looks fine on the M5, but i can´t find where i can order the original M5 camera mount plate. Do you know how to order or find them?

I also dont know if i can balance everything when i mount the two cams, did anyone mount two cameras on the m5, maybe for 3D recording?

Any help or feedback would be nice.

Here is a short demo video where you can see our setup in action:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Gary, the part you need is not sold on Freefly store. You should get in contact with Freefly support to buy the item. I believe they can provide you.

4. Jörg Stucke

Jörg Stucke New Member

Gary, great application!

How you guys control the three axis of the m5? Do you had access to the m5 control parameters?

5. Gary Hilgemann

Gary Hilgemann New Member

Thanks for the feedback, i try to contact freefly directly, cause the mount holders are not in the store.

@Jörg, you can´t control the axis of the m5 gimbal with an iOS. After one year there is no official API for developers to control the gimbal. I said in another post that there seems no chance to get the public API control commands / protocol. It´s sad, cause we have several projects where we used the movi not directly for cinema / ads productions. We used it in medical solutions, security, documentation and visual VFX.

What we did in another project, was to control the movi over our Apple certified bluetooth (MFI) in combination with a spectrum RC controller where we send the commands over bluetooth to spectrum and the spectrum sends the commands then to the mövi RC receiver. That´s the only chance you have to create something in a direction of automation with iOS Devices.