/dist/images/branding/favicon

2 Axis Longer Booms?

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Christopher Simons, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Christopher Simons

I currently have a stock 2 axis gimbal with Radians. I am looking to mount my Sony FS100 and cannot seem to get the thing to balance out properly. Would I be correct in saying that I should looking into getting longer side booms, say 200mm to accommodate for the extra rear end weight? I'd appreciate the help. If anyone has mounted an FS100 and has some pics that would mind sharing, I would love to see them. Thanks in advance.

Christopher

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, longer side booms. 200 or 225mm. You may also want to get a longer drop tube on the back. With the longer tubes and greater rotational force buy 4 of the metal boom clamps and replace the ones that hold the roll tube. 2 on the center and one on each end.

3. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

Also get your self the sliding tilt bar, with the original you wont get the height.

Bill

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

And one other item is the adjustable camera mount. Makes dialing in the exact balance much easier.

5. Christopher Simons

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! I did end up getting the 225mm booms. Unfortunately I didn't see these last two posts until I placed my order for booms, black vibration rings and landing gear extensions. So, looks like I'll be placing another order! Thanks again!

Christopher