/dist/images/branding/favicon

10,000 mAh Battery flight times

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by PJ Mozingo, Oct 5, 2020.

1. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

Backstory:
    I've recently started flying the Alta 8 and have been using the batteries that were sold to me in the used kit I purchased. I also bought 2 new sets of Tattu Plus 22.2V 10000mAh 6S 25C Smart LiPo Battery Packs to accompany the older 10 sets we received.

Question:
    When flying my Sony FS7 w/Canon 16-35mm lens, Cinegears Ghost Eye video transmitter and FXR Pro...my flight times are maxing out at about 5 mins. Is that normal?

Additional Info:
    The Movi Pro, camera setup, landing gear (the basic payload) is 16.5lbs. I was flying in Cleveland, Ohio which is 653 ft above sea level and the temperature was 56 degrees Fahrenheit. The battery packs were fully charged and reading 4.2V per cell. The wind was between 7-9 mph.

I've seen some posts with pilots getting around 10-12 mins of flight time with a RED/ARRI package with FF gears running on this kind of battery. Am I missing something or does this equate correctly? Thanks in advance for any insight.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

This is my conclusion seeing you are using old batteries this probably pretty close. 16.5lbs on the chart would be 8-9mins with new batteries.

If you check the table on the bottom this page you get an idea of flights time with New batteries.
    https://freeflysystems.com/alta-8/dependable

If you flying that heavy payload you probably want to get 12000mah or 16000mah to extend that flight time up.

3. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

That definitely makes sense and thank you for the chart reference! I really enjoy using the Tattu smart battery's with the easy push cell check technology, but that added weight can be shaved off by just using a cell checker before the flight.